On May 2 and 3, 2007, the National Association of Women and the Law, in cooperation with the Canadian Labour Congress and the other members of the Pay Equity Network, held a Canada-wide meeting on recent developments in pay equity. Activists from labour organizations and women’s groups of Québec and several other regions of Canada attended this exceptional and inspiring meeting.
Table of Contents
1) The present federal system is as ineffective as always
2) The success of the proactive approach: review of the Québec experience
3) The International Labour Office finds that the proactive model is the best
4) Women everywhere are mobilizing for proactive legislation
5) Recommendations of the Pay Equity Task Force for a new federal act
6) The federal government must take action
7) Pay equity: a fundamental right!