National Association of Women and the Law
Promoting Canadian women’s equality through action, legal research and education.
Joint NAWL & Luke’s Place Brief on Bill C-78 Submitted to the Justice and Human Rights Committee
The Canada Summer Jobs Program (CSJP) attestation protects women’s equality rights. The attestation is not discriminatory—it is equality enhancing.
During the 2019 federal election, the Up For Debate Alliance is calling on all federal party leaders to commit to a national televised debate to share their priorities on women’s rights and gender equality.
PRESS RELEASE: After waiting decades, women’s rights organizations celebrate changes to the Divorce Act
After decades of advocacy by women’s rights groups pressing for much needed changes to the Divorce Act, including by a coalition led by the National Association for Women and the Law (NAWL) and Luke’s Place, and the efforts of many feminists who engaged on Bill C-78; An Act to amend the Divorce Act, the Family Orders and Agreements Enforcement Assistance Act and the Garnishment, Attachment and Pension Diversion Act and to make consequential amendments to another Act, the Divorce Act will now better respond to the realities of women and children facing family violence, and reflect the diversity of families in Canada.
Announcements and Events
- PRESS RELEASE: After waiting decades, women’s rights organizations celebrate changes to the Divorce Act
- Summer Research Support Officer Job Posting
- Remembering Feminist Activist Kate McInturff
- Book Launch: “The Right to Say No – Marital Rape and Law Reform in Canada, Ghana, Kenya and Malawi”
- Forum on housing as a human right: “Le logement, un droit de la personne”
- Announcements Archive →