National Association of Women and the Law
Promoting Canadian women’s equality through action, legal research and education.
Op-ed. One topic we never discuss with each other is our salaries. A colleague can ask if you go to church, but not how much you make. That’s a problem because we can’t know how much we should fairly be paid if we never talk about it.
Op-ed. On Friday morning, Canada deported Lucy Granados, a single mother who has lived in Montreal for nine years. She was deported because, although her immigration application was pending, she was “undocumented” in Canada (that is, living here without immigration status).
Op-ed. The problem simply put: Canada views parents as a burden.
Op-ed. It’s time we stopped limiting the conversation of gun crimes in Canada to gangs and at-risk youth.
Announcements and Events
- Book Launch: “The Right to Say No – Marital Rape and Law Reform in Canada, Ghana, Kenya and Malawi”
- Forum on housing as a human right: “Le logement, un droit de la personne”
- Nhi Huynh is the second recipient of the Alison Dewar Scholarship
- Morgan Teeple Hopkins is the first recipient of the Alison Dewar Scholarship
- The Alison Dewar Scholarship in Women’s Equality, Labour and Human Rights Law
- Announcements Archive →