National Association of Women and the Law
Promoting Canadian women’s equality through action, legal research and education.
NAWL Project Staff give a workshop entitled Rebuilding Feminist Law Reform Capacities in Canada at the Law Needs Feminism Because Annual Forum at the University of Ottawa
International Women’s Day Letter Calling on Prime Minister Justin Trudeau to enact a National Action Plan to prevent and address gender-based violence in Canada
The undersigned organizations wholeheartedly support the recent changes made to the Canada Summer Jobs (CSJ) program, which seek to secure greater fulfillment of human rights in accordance with the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms. We call on all political parties in Canada to do the same.
Submission by Pam Cross on behalf of the National Association of Women and the Law to the Standing Senate Committee on Legal and Constitutional Affairs on possible amendments to Bill S-202, Section 16 of the Divorce Act.
Announcements and Events
- Forum on housing as a human right: “Le logement, un droit de la personne”
- Nhi Huynh is the second recipient of the Alison Dewar Scholarship
- Morgan Teeple Hopkins is the first recipient of the Alison Dewar Scholarship
- The Alison Dewar Scholarship in Women’s Equality, Labour and Human Rights Law
- Gendered Dissent workshop
- Announcements Archive →