National Association of Women and the Law
Promoting Canadian women’s equality through action, legal research and education.
Joint NAWL & Luke’s Place Brief on Bill C-78 Submitted to the Justice and Human Rights Committee
Proposals to eliminate gender-based violence in sports
This discussion paper has been prepared by Luke’s Place Support and Resource Centre, Durham Region, Ontario and National Association of Women and the Law/Association nationale Femmes et Droit* (NAWL/ANFD). Bill C-78: An Act to amend the Divorce Act, the Family Orders and Agreements Enforcement Assistance Act and the Garnishment, Attachment and Pension Diversion Act and to make consequential amendments to another Act.
Nawl signs the Open Letter to Minister Jean-Yves Duclos prepared by Canada Without Poverty Campaign 2000 and Citizens for Public Justice to strengthen Bill C-87, An Act respecting the reduction of poverty
Announcements and Events
- Remembering Feminist Activist Kate McInturff
- Book Launch: “The Right to Say No – Marital Rape and Law Reform in Canada, Ghana, Kenya and Malawi”
- Forum on housing as a human right: “Le logement, un droit de la personne”
- Nhi Huynh is the second recipient of the Alison Dewar Scholarship
- Morgan Teeple Hopkins is the first recipient of the Alison Dewar Scholarship
- Announcements Archive →