National Association of Women and the Law
Promoting Canadian women’s equality through action, legal research and education.
Friends of the Earth (FOE) and the National Association of Women and the Law (NAWL) filed their Memorandum of Argument of the Proposed Intervenor in the Climate case being appealed to the Supreme Court of Canada (SCC) by Ontario and Saskatchewan. This filing is an important step by these two organizations to secure Standing before the SCC in advance of the appeal of the Greenhouse Gas Pollution Pricing Act case which is scheduled to be heard in Ottawa in March, 2020.
At current pace it will take 164 years to close the economic gender gap alone in Canada.
Unfinished Business: A Parallel Report on Canada’s Implementation of the Beijing Declaration and Platform for Action
This study provides an assessment of Canada’s progress in meeting the goals for gender equality set out in the Beijing Declaration and Platform for Action.
The Canada Summer Jobs Program (CSJP) attestation protects women’s equality rights. The attestation is not discriminatory—it is equality enhancing.
Announcements and Events
- Standing in Supreme Court Climate Case sought by Friends of the Earth and NAWL
- When it comes to gender equality, Canada has unfinished business: Study
- PRESS RELEASE: After waiting decades, women’s rights organizations celebrate changes to the Divorce Act
- Summer Research Support Officer Job Posting
- Remembering Feminist Activist Kate McInturff
- Announcements Archive →