National Association of Women and the Law
Promoting Canadian women’s equality through action, legal research and education.
NAWL signs Joint Statement calling on Canada to end sterilization of Indigenous women without consent
Click here to read the Joint Statement: “Urgent Action Needed to Ensure Indigenous Women Are Not Sterilized Without Their Consent”
Action Canada & National Association of Women and the Law respond to 2019 Canada Summer Jobs Program
In response to the 2018 Canada Summer Jobs Program, Action Canada for Sexual Health and Rights (Action Canada) and the National Association of Women and the Law (NAWL) shared an open letter supporting changes made to the Program.
Click the link to read Feminist Law Reform student Alexandra Machicado-McGee’s op-ed, published in Inter Alia:
Joint NAWL & Luke’s Place Brief on Bill C-78 Submitted to the Justice and Human Rights Committee
Announcements and Events
- Remembering Feminist Activist Kate McInturff
- Job posting: Bilingual Project Administrator
- Book Launch: “The Right to Say No – Marital Rape and Law Reform in Canada, Ghana, Kenya and Malawi”
- Forum on housing as a human right: “Le logement, un droit de la personne”
- Nhi Huynh is the second recipient of the Alison Dewar Scholarship
- Announcements Archive →