The National Association of Women and the Law (NAWL) is an incorporated not-for-profit feminist organization that promotes the equality rights of women in Canada through legal education, research, and law reform advocacy.
NAWL is seeking applications from qualified individuals for the position of Executive Director.
SCOPE OF WORK:
Reporting to NAWL’s volunteer National Steering Committee, the Executive Director provides vision and strategic leadership to achieve NAWL’s mission and strengthen its organizational sustainability. The Executive Director is responsible for leading and managing all aspects of the organization’s operations, including: leading the successful development and implementation of projects and advocacy efforts; fundraising to strengthen and diversify NAWL’s funding; deepening relations with government actors, funders, partners and the media; ensuring timely and effective reporting and financial management; communicating effectively with key audiences to enhance NAWL’s impact and build its base of supporters; representing NAWL in the media and in meetings with partners, funders and government actors; recruiting and managing staff, consultants and volunteers; ensuring legal and financial compliance; and supporting the effective governance of the organization.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
The successful candidate will have:
- Significant experience in intersectional feminist advocacy and analysis;
- Strong knowledge of law and law reform processes and experience working within a collaborative framework (e.g. with coalitions, advisory boards and multiple stakeholders);
- Demonstrated organizational leadership within the Not-for-Profit and/or Charitable sectors, preferably at the national level, and preferably with some focus on women’s rights, gender equality and/or social justice issues;
- Proven track record in raising funds from institutional (government and foundations) and individual donors; and
- Proficient written and oral communication skills in either English or French and functional ability in the other.
Location: The NAWL office is located in Ottawa and some travel within Canada might be required. Options for home-based working will be considered.
COVID-19 related precautions are practiced in the NAWL office.
TERMS: This position is a full-time two (2) year contract, with the possibility of renewal. A competitive salary (scale: $90,000-$110,000) and benefits package appropriately related to experience will be offered. Please send a letter of interest (that specifically addresses how your skills and experience meet the qualifications required of this position) and cv to the attention of the hiring committee at firstname.lastname@example.org before 4pm on December 11, 2020. Please ensure you put “Executive Director” in the subject line of the email. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.