Come and join our small, but dynamic, feminist team! If you are passionate about working to advance substantive equality for all women and are a team player, we are currently accepting resumes for a fully bilingual tech-savvy Office Administrator. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Office Administrator provides support to the team in a dynamic environment in which teamwork, proactivity, and autonomy are needed.
The National Association of Women and the Law (NAWL), based in Ottawa, is an incorporated not-for-profit feminist organization that works to achieve substantive equality and the realization of human rights for all women in Canada through legal education, research, strategic intervention, coalition work and feminist law reform advocacy, particularly at the federal level.
- Essential duties, such as answering and routing phone calls, responding to inquiries by email and web, updating website, supporting donor database maintenance and general administrative support
- Improving and maintaining the filing system for hard and electronic files, organizing and archiving records and documents, and digitizing hard copies of documents.
- Preparing management for meetings including agenda preparation, taking minutes, scheduling meetings including providing administrative support to the National Steering Committee working groups and committees.
- Provide logistical support, including booking travel, accommodation, meeting, and event spaces, arranging catering, setting up audio/visual equipment, and scheduling online meetings
- Maintain vendor relationships as Organization’s point person for maintenance, mailing, shipping, supplies, equipment needs, and insurance, including IT and telephone communication as well as manage and maintain office systems and equipment, liaising with building management
- Support audit preparations, including by making photocopies, and scanning documentation that will be required for the end of year audit process, adhere to sound financial procedures (including proper filing, record keeping and archiving)
- Create, edit, and format materials/correspondence related to advocacy and fundraising campaigns and events including open letters, invitations, thank you letters and donor appeal packages etc.,
- Support donor stewardship, including by ensuring all thank you correspondence and charitable receipting is completed in a timely manner in liaison with the finance administrator.
- Data management, maintaining inputting and extracting information into/from the donor management database, Donor Perfect:
- Maintain consistent donor/client information as a new entry or by reviewing, correcting, deleting, or re-entering data of existing accounts
- Regularly check and resolve duplicate donor accounts
- Provide reports and segment mailing lists as needed
- Remain current with donor management knowledge and charitable standards through webinars and workshops as required
- Other duties as assigned
- A minimum of 2-3 years practical working experience in office administration.
- Post-secondary diploma/degree in business, business administration, or related post-secondary degree.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in French and English.
- Demonstrated experience with Office 365 and Donor Perfect or similar CRM/donor management software.
- Data management experience.
- Demonstrated experience managing effective document storage and filing systems.
- Proven experience managing event and travel logistics.
- Meticulous documentation and impeccable organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and customer service oriented.
- Integrity, discretion, and ability to ensure confidentiality.
- Facility to work on multiple tasks at the same time.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing situations or priorities.
- Capacity to work independently and effectively with minimal supervision.
- A high level of energy, enthusiasm, determination, and initiative.
- Experience with inclusive writing (English and French).
- Experience with managing WordPress websites as well as comfort with custom themes and third-party plugins is an asset.
- Experience with Constant Contact and/or Canada Helps is an asset.
- Knowledge of the charitable sector is an asset.
- Experience working in the non-profit and/or women’s equality sector is an asset
- In accordance with NAWL’s values that our organization and our work are rooted in intersectional feminism and human rights informed by four core values of anti-oppression, reconciliation, gender-inclusion, allyship and accountable collaboration, applications from self-identified women, including two-spirit, cisgender or transgender women of all races, ethnic origins, religions, and sexual orientation are welcome. In adherence to the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians Act 2005, accommodation will be provided during all parts of the hiring process upon request to applicants with disabilities. Please advise if you require accommodation if contacted.
- Interested candidates are invited to submit a cover letter and resume in confidence to the attention of Tiffany Butler, Executive Director, at email@example.com by March 24th, 2023. Apply early, interviews will be offered on a rolling basis.
What NAWL Offers:
- A 4-day work week. This position is based in Ottawa, on-site at NAWL’s Ottawa office.
- A flexible work environment that allows for work/life balance.
- Competitive salary range ($50, 000 to $53, 000), health benefits, and vacation entitlement.
- Occasional evenings and weekends as required by activities and programming.
- COVID 19 related flexibility and precautions are practiced. Telework as determined by the Executive Director. If employees are required to work from home because of public health mandates, staff are required to be available for emails, calls and meetings during regular business hours providing effective and prompt communication while completing all job responsibilities.