The Alison Dewar Scholarship in Women’s Equality, Labour and Human Rights Law
On October 20, 2014, the NAWL Charitable Trust for Research and Education and RCBY LLP launched the Alison Dewar Scholarship in Women’s Equality, Labour and Human Rights Law at the University of Ottawa, Faculty of Law. A community of students, along with Alison’s friends and colleagues gathered to celebrate Alison’s strong commitment to social justice and feminist lawyering.
The annual scholarship provides financial support for a female student in Common Law who is interested in pursuing a career in some combination of women’s equality and union-side labour, workers’ rights, or human rights law.
Students wishing to apply for the scholarship can find more information here.
Individuals wishing to donate to the scholarship fund can do so here.
Announcements and Events
- Job posting: Bilingual Project Administrator
- Book Launch: “The Right to Say No – Marital Rape and Law Reform in Canada, Ghana, Kenya and Malawi”
- Forum on housing as a human right: “Le logement, un droit de la personne”
- Nhi Huynh is the second recipient of the Alison Dewar Scholarship
- Morgan Teeple Hopkins is the first recipient of the Alison Dewar Scholarship
- Announcements Archive →