Policy Research Grant Recipients
In 2009, the Trustees of the National Association of Women and the Law Charitable Trust for Research and Education announced the first recipients of NAWL’s policy research grants project. Four grants were provided to support the work of feminist researchers to prepare educational papers on legal issues that affect women, whose interests are often excluded from public policy discussions.
The papers were written in 2010. Where available, abstracts are provided below.
Mary Eberts - Customary Law and Women's Rights
Adrian Smith/Dayna Scott -Social Reproduction and Temporary Labour Migration to Canada
Watch the NAWL website for future calls for grant proposals.
Announcements and Events
- PRESS RELEASE: After waiting decades, women’s rights organizations celebrate changes to the Divorce Act
- Summer Research Support Officer Job Posting
- Remembering Feminist Activist Kate McInturff
- Book Launch: “The Right to Say No – Marital Rape and Law Reform in Canada, Ghana, Kenya and Malawi”
- Forum on housing as a human right: “Le logement, un droit de la personne”
- Announcements Archive →