Morgan Teeple Hopkins is the first recipient of the Alison Dewar Scholarship
We are proud to announce that Morgan Teeple Hopkin is the first recipient of the Alison Dewar Scholarship in Women’s Equality, Labour and Human Rights Law.
Morgan has worked as an organizer for the Public Service Alliance of Canada, as a steward for CUPE, and recently wrote a paper analyzing the Public Sector Equitable Compensation Act from different feminist theoretical perspectives. Her volunteer involvement is impressive and includes time in a free legal clinic specializing in immigration and refugee law (conducting country of origin research on gendered violence for female refugee claimants' applications) and co-founding the Feminist Legal Collective, a campus group aiming to build a feminist community at the UofO.
"As a feminist law student committed to practicing union-side labour law, I am inspired by the feminist politics that motivated Alison's legacy." – Morgan Teeple Hopkins
Announcements and Events
- Forum on housing as a human right: “Le logement, un droit de la personne”
- Nhi Huynh is the second recipient of the Alison Dewar Scholarship
- Morgan Teeple Hopkins is the first recipient of the Alison Dewar Scholarship
- The Alison Dewar Scholarship in Women’s Equality, Labour and Human Rights Law
- Gendered Dissent workshop
- Announcements Archive →