Job posting: Bilingual Project Administrator
NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF WOMEN AND THE LAW – JOB POSTING
BILINGUAL PROJECT ADMINISTRATOR
The National Association of Women and the Law (NAWL) is an incorporated not-for-profit feminist organization that promotes the equality rights of women in Canada through legal education, research, and law reform advocacy. NAWL has recently been successful in securing funding to launch a feminist law reform project. The Project’s primary mandate is to revitalize the capacity of feminist organizations and advocates to engage on legislative matters that have an impact on women’s legal equality rights.
NAWL is seeking applications from qualified individuals for consideration for the two (2) year contract position (with the possibility of renewal) of bilingual Project Administrator. This can be either a 4 or 5 day/week position.
SCOPE OF WORK:
In addition to ensuring the NAWL Office runs smoothly, the Project Administrator plays a key role supporting the Project Director’s administrative needs.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide administrative support to the Project Director and National Steering Committee of NAWL and ensures the efficient day-to-day operation of the Project office
- Support the Project Director and bookkeeper including but not limited to:
- Ensuring accurate paper and electronic records and documentation are kept with respect to all financial transactions of the Project,
- Assisting the bookkeeper and/or Project Director by ensuring the bank statements and all the required documentation is in order that is required to complete monthly bank reconciliations
- Assisting the book keeper and Project Director by ensuring that all the documentation is in order that is required to complete a quarterly
cash-flow and budget report.
- Assisting the Project Director in the preparation of narrative and budget reports
- Supporting the year-end audit process, adhering to sound financial procedures (including proper filing)
- Managing the documentation related to fundraising for the long-term sustainability of the Project including but not limited to ensuring accurate processing of donations (depositing, receipting, reporting on and thanking),
- General administrative duties include: photocopying, mail distribution, data entry, taking meeting minutes, file maintenance (electronic and paper) and maintenance of Project supplies and equipment
- Coordinate office processes and outsourced services
- Assist in the preparation and dissemination of project communications, including briefs and reports
- Keep records of and compile lists of project activities completed, materials produced, meetings held and other relevant aspects documenting the work of the Project
- Coordinate the Project’s meetings: ensuring notices are sent on time, materials are well prepared and provided in advance, A/V equipment and food are available when necessary, travel is booked well in advance and Project staff and meeting attendees have the notes they need to succeed at the meetings
- Manage government related forms with respect to ensuring ongoing requirements related to NAWL’s organizational registration and the maintenance of charitable status, including the preparation and filing of financial and human resources forms and any additional information as required.
- Keep track of all important Project deadlines
- Draft emails and correspondence, in French and English and answer phones
- Support the Project Director in ensuring media requests are responded to in a timely manner
- Assist in preparing communications tools in English and French (funding letters, proposals, speeches, etc.) for the Project and
- Supporting development, maintenance and uploading of website material related to the Project
- Support the Project’s events: including securing and payment of event venues, IT requirements, issuance of press releases and liaising with the media, ensure all project events run smoothly and are equipped with the administrative support needed
- Support the establishment and maintenance of stakeholder, and other relevant data bases
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
The successful candidate will have:
- Passion for women’s rights
- Excellent written and verbal English and French communication skills, including outstanding phone and in-person presentation manner
- Relevant experience in office administration, experience in supporting bookkeeping functions is a plus
- Proficiency in MS Office (excel, word and power-point), experience with accounting and payroll software (such as Simply Accounting and/or Quick Books) is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate and monitor multiple deliverables, meet deadlines and prioritize competing tasks – including turn work around quickly
- Exceptional interpersonal skills to interface with community and government agencies as well as the staff and volunteer Project team
- Experience working in the non-profit and/or women’s equality sector is an asset
TERMS: This is a two-year contract, with the possibility of renewal. A competitive benefits package appropriately related to experience will be offered. Please send a letter of interest (that specifically addresses how your skills and experience meet the role description and qualifications listed above) and cv to the attention of the hiring committee at firstname.lastname@example.org Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Please ensure you put “Project Administrator” in the subject line of the email. Successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Announcements and Events
- Remembering Feminist Activist Kate McInturrf
- Job posting: Bilingual Project Administrator
- Book Launch: “The Right to Say No – Marital Rape and Law Reform in Canada, Ghana, Kenya and Malawi”
- Forum on housing as a human right: “Le logement, un droit de la personne”
- Nhi Huynh is the second recipient of the Alison Dewar Scholarship
- Announcements Archive →