A Sad Farewell
The National Association of Women and the Law (NAWL) notes with great sadness the death of our dear friend and colleague Alison Dewar. Alison was an ardent defender of social justice on all fronts, as a union-side labour lawyer, human rights advocate and activist community member. Alison joined NAWL’s National Steering Commitee in 2005, providing insightful direction and support to us all, particularly during her many years as Co-Chair. Her powerful lesbian feminist voice and wisdom will be deeply missed not only by her friends at NAWL, but by the social justice community at large. Our sympathies go out to Alison’s social justice partner and soul mate Diana Majury.
Donations in memorial of Alison can be made to the NAWL Charitable Trust for Research and Education and will be used to commemorate Alison's many contributions to women's equality.
The Trust is a registered charity and all donations over $10 are tax creditable.
Please send a cheque made out to:
NAWL Charitable Trust for Research and Education
2339 Ogilvie Road P.O. Box 46008
Gloucester, ON, K1J 9M7
Announcements and Events
- Summer Research Support Officer Job Posting
- Remembering Feminist Activist Kate McInturff
- Book Launch: “The Right to Say No – Marital Rape and Law Reform in Canada, Ghana, Kenya and Malawi”
- Forum on housing as a human right: “Le logement, un droit de la personne”
- Nhi Huynh is the second recipient of the Alison Dewar Scholarship
- Announcements Archive →