NAWL Workshop at the 2018 Law Needs Feminism Because National Forum
NAWL participated in the Law Needs Feminism Because National Forum held in Ottawa on March 3, 2018. The Forum's theme for the year, Access to Justice, brought together law students, lawyers, community practitioners and activists.
NAWL’s well-attended workshop; Rebuilding Feminist Law Reform Capacities in Canada, provided law students with organizational and movement history, and introduced a range of resources that, NAWL staff, National Steering Committee members, and volunteers have produced to support capacity building and while advocating for feminist law reform. Law students were introduced to NAWL’s Feminist Law Reform 101 online course, and the Gender and Law Manual and identified additional tools that would be useful to build the feminist law reform capacities of law students and new lawyers. Workshop participants provided inputs to NAWL’s ongoing consultations to identify key feminist law reform issues in Canada.
The workshop participants who expressed great energy and interest in having access to more training, resources and opportunities to engage in feminist law reform also provided inputs to NAWL’s ongoing consultations to identify key feminist law reform issues in Canada.
- NAWL Workshop at the 2018 Law Needs Feminism Because National Forum
- Joint Letter calling on the Prime Minister to Enact a National Action Plan on Gender-Based Violence
- NAWL Submission to the Standing Senate Committee on Legal and Constitutional Affairs
- NAWL leads a group of over 75 organisations calling on Canada to reaffirm the historic mandate of the Court Challenges Program
- Standing Committee on the Status of Women’s hearings on Violence Against Women and Girls in Canada
- NAWL Appeared before the the Special Committee on Pay Equity
- NAWL is proud to join Up for Debate
- Joint Brief on the Impact of Bill C-42 on Women’s Safety
- Feminist Leadership Summit 2011
- Campus Caucuses
- Coalition for Women’s Equality
- Workshop Towards a More Inclusive Maternity/Paternal Benefits Regime
- The Mothering in Law Conference
- Mother’s Day Message to Parliament 2007
- The “Pay Equity Network” in Motion
- International Women’s Day March 2007
- March for Women’s Equality December 2006
- Mother’s Day Message to Parliament 2006
- March for Women’s Equality - Media Coverage