Feminist Leadership Summit 2011
In February 2011, NAWL hosted a Feminist Leadership Summit in Ottawa that was attended by twenty-one young feminists from across Canada. All of the Summit participants, representing a diverse range of identities, had demonstrated leadership skills and equality rights work experience in their communities.
The goal of the summit was to connect young leaders from local associations of women and the law (or organizations working on equality rights issues) with one another, as well as to provide participants with some concrete leadership and advocacy skills.
Participants attended a series of workshops and discussions on feminist advocacy and law reform that drew on the expertise of some of Canada’s leading feminist lawyers, academics, communications experts and activists.
The Summit worked to build the capacity of local women's and equality rights caucuses as well as to develop new potential leaders for NAWL.
- NAWL appearance before the Finance Committee on Bill C-86, November 6, 2018.
- Laura Schemitsch
- Open Letter to Minister Rodriguez re CCP
- Recommendations from the NAWL consultation on VAW law reform in Canada to the UN SR VAW
- List of Signatories for Right to Housing
- Open Letter Urges Prime Minister to Make Good on His Commitment to the Right to Housing
- Rachael Harder Was Rejected As Committee Chair For Good Reason
- Brief Submitted to the House of Commons Standing Committee on Public Safety and National Security on Bill C -71
- Joint Letter on Bill C-71, An Act to amend certain Acts and Regulations in relation to firearms
- Raeisi: You support pay equity? Tell me how much you make
- Cass: The deportation of Lucy Granados shows how hollow government ‘compassion’ is
- Rao: Parental sponsorship rules are antifeminist
- Osien: Gun violence is more than just a gang problem
- Ethans: Here’s why lawyers should advocate for greater diversity in their profession
- Presentation on Bill C-65, An Act to amend the Canada Labour Code (harassment and violence)
- NAWL Workshop at the 2018 Law Needs Feminism Because National Forum
- Joint Letter calling on the Prime Minister to Enact a National Action Plan on Gender-Based Violence
- NAWL Submission to the Standing Senate Committee on Legal and Constitutional Affairs
- NAWL leads a group of over 75 organisations calling on Canada to reaffirm the historic mandate of the Court Challenges Program
- Standing Committee on the Status of Women’s hearings on Violence Against Women and Girls in Canada
- NAWL Appeared before the the Special Committee on Pay Equity
- NAWL is proud to join Up for Debate
- Joint Brief on the Impact of Bill C-42 on Women’s Safety
- Feminist Leadership Summit 2011
- Campus Caucuses
- Coalition for Women’s Equality
- Workshop Towards a More Inclusive Maternity/Paternal Benefits Regime
- The Mothering in Law Conference
- Mother’s Day Message to Parliament 2007
- The “Pay Equity Network” in Motion
- International Women’s Day March 2007
- March for Women’s Equality December 2006
- Mother’s Day Message to Parliament 2006
- March for Women’s Equality - Media Coverage